Melissa officinalis, also known as lemon balm, received the name “Melissa” because of its sweet, fresh, citrus-like fragrance, which was known to attract bees (Melissa is Greek for “honey bee”). As one of our rarest and most expensive oils, Melissa oil has a wide range of health benefits and uses.* Melissa is used as a flavor in teas and ice cream as well as with some fish dishes. Melissa has long been used to help calm feelings of tension and nervousness, when ingested. Diffusing Melissa oil at night can help initiate a restful sleep environment. Melissa oil may also help support a healthy immune system, when taken internally.*
- May help to support a healthy immune system when taken internally*
- Internal use can help calm tension and nerves*
- Encourages a relaxing atmosphere
- Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest.
- Diffuse Melissa essential oil to create a relaxing environment.
- Add to moisturizer or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin.